Anne has more than six years of experience acting for Government clients in Australia whilst being based at major law firms and seven years of experience in the United Kingdom. She is a Notary Public in the ACT.
Her major areas of practice include intellectual property, contract law, advising on procurement issues, drafting and negotiating major contracts for Australian government departments (including in-house whilst on secondment). Anne's experience is particularly strong in the Information Communications and Technology (ICT) area and Defence sectors and her experience ranges from development and negotiation of through-life support contracts in the aerospace to ICT contracts.
Whilst in the United Kingdom, Anne was heavily involved in the Emissions Trading Group that established the pilot emissions trading scheme in the United Kingdom, now replaced with the European Emissions Trading System. Anne also acted for QinetiQ.
- Anne has completed secondments at a number of departments and Commonwealth Authorities and Companies Act 1997 (Cth) (CAC Act) bodies, including CSIRO as a senior legal adviser advising on technology agreements, licensing arrangements, commercialisation arrangements and collaborative funding arrangements in the energy sector, food sector and ICT sectors to include arrangements with a number of overseas collaborators.
- Anne has recently developed licensing and commercialisation documentation for the northern barley breeding program.
- Anne has also completed a number of secondments at the Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency where she assisted in establishing the Clean Energy Regulator (acting also as a probity advisor for the whole carbon price implementation program and delivering probity training across the agency) and acted as director of commercial law, supervising a number of members of the procurement and contracting team. Experience including managing the procurement in box, delivering advice and finalising contracts in a number of fields including, funding agreements for specific projects, leasing arrangements, overseas leases and ICT contracts for new platforms. She also prepared draft ICT contracts and Request For Tender packages designed to address identity management and a new ICT infrastructure for the establishment of a new agency and assisting in managing transitional arrangements.
- Advising AGIMO on whole-of-government procurement and the establishment of the data centres panel, to include attending negotiations and finalising the existing fit-out and greenfield panels, advising on memoranda of understanding between leasing bodies, leasing issues and head agreements.
- Advising the Organ and Tissue Authority on its new electronic donor record system.
- Advising numerous Australian government departments and agencies on contracts, tender documentation and funding agreements, including the Department of Immigration and Citizenship in relation to programs throughout Australia.
- Advising numerous Australian government departments and agencies on compliance with the Commonwealth Procurement Guidelines, the Financial Management and Administration Act 1997 (Cth) and the CAC Act.
- Advising private mining companies on numerous consultancy arrangements.
- Advising Defence on numerous major aerospace and naval projects and providing contract risk training on import and exports, government furnished materials and managing change.
- PG Diploma in Legal Practice
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Notary Public (ACT)
- Law Society of the Australian Capital Territory
- Women in Information and Communication (WIC)
- UK Environmental Law Association
- A snapshot of the New Carbon Tax Package 2011 - e publication
- Revoking Patents and Patent Trolls September 2011 - Asia IPT e publication
- Defence Legal Briefings including Emissions Trading, climate change, energy efficiency and issues for Defence, May 2008
- European Plans to Revamp EU ETS, Greenhouse Updates, March 2008
- Garnaut Emissions Trading Model: Getting Down to Business, Greenhouse Update, March 2008
- Climate Change: Where are we heading in 2008? Breakfast Briefing, March 2008
- Model for Emissions Trading in Australia - internal presentation in April 2008
- End of Life Vehicles  2 Environmental Law Review
- On the Road to Recycling  Sustain volume 1, issue 5, 31
- Let the Polluters Be Till 1999  Water Law, issue 3, volume 6
- Part 1: The Liability for Pollution Emanating from Abandoned Mineral Sites  Water Law, issue 5, of volume 5, 150
- Part 2: Privatisation and Subsequent Liability for Polluting Activities  Water Law, issue 6, of volume 5, 187
- R v British Coal Corporation Environmental Liability, 1994, issue 2 of volume 2